Have you got what it takes to conquer the King of the Pennines?
If you’re looking for a lung busting, leg testing ride that combines stunning scenery with classic climbs and exhilarating descents, you’ll find everything you want when you enter the King of the Pennines with Evans Cycles. The 99 mile route squeezes in 11,000ft of climbing over the iconic Pennines. So stunning that the Tour de France have chosen to start at the same point in 2014.
It’ll begin with the iconic Malham cove, then onto the remote 1300ft climb up to Fleet Moss before descending 1100ft into Gayle. A couple more lung busters bring you to the final sting in the tail- a climb over Halton Moor and then the final, joyful decent back into Skipton. 99 miles of stunning remote roads.
Not only is this an awesome ride that promises to test your legs and lungs, it’s also fantastic value.
Entry is only £27 – and there is a half-distance version of the ride available as well. Every rider will enjoy:
- Free pre-ride breakfast
- Free post ride pasta and drink
- Feed stations brimming with flapjack, cake and nutrition products
- Free High5 race pack on the day when you sign up 4 weeks in advance
- Half price High5 race pack when you sign up 2 weeks in advance
- Goody bag with nutrition products and more
- Broomwagon and mechanics
- Free garmin demo units (limited numbers)
- Gore Bike Wear try before you buy (limited numbers)
- Fully way marked routes and map
- Timing chips and results online
- Free photos available from our professional event photographer
For some rider reviews, check out this report from our 2012 ride, and for a glimpse of what to expect, here is a video from the 2011 event. Or for more information, or to sign up, check out the event online here.
Start: Aireville School, Skipton
Distance: 99 or 45 miles
Timings: Sign in from 7am, rides from 7.30 am
Date: Sunday 8th September